Sunday, March 8, 2015
Zork!: Interactive Fiction
When I was a kid I saw the cover-rt for the game Zork I and it was thrilled me because of its dungeonesque look. It's crazy that after all this time I've only but now played it for the first time. Although I've never played it before, the type of game is not new to me and I've played them my entire life.
It's really exciting to me that in a game like this we used words to describe the experience as if we really did something in real life and went somewhere. For example, I went down a path through a forest and to a canyon with a river and a cave etc. I can picture it, just like reading a story. It's a lot like (my beloved) Choose Your Own Adventure stories. Stories that are games and vice versa. What could be better than reading a story that is simultaneously play?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment