Monday, March 16, 2015
Blender interactions: Week 3 of EDUCAUSE's MOOC #BlendKit2015
This last week was Week 3 of EDUCAUSE's BlendKit: Becoming a Blended Learning Designer MOOC. Its stated goal "is to provide facilitated assistance to faculty members and instructional designers in developing and designing blended courses through (1) a consideration of key issues related to blended learning and (2) practical step-by-step guidance in producing materials for a blended course (e.g., developing design documents, creating content pages, and receiving peer review feedback at one's own institution)." The option I am pursuing is the UCF/EDUCAUSE Certified Blended Learning Designer credential. This blog post is a reflection based on what I learned this week, woven in with a recap of my own notes to better learn the concepts.
The topic this week was Blended Assessments of Learning. It very well may be because I have been extremely pressed for time and perhaps rushed this week's learning, but I was a little disappointed. I felt like it was mostly a review on the basics of assessments, and not particularly focused on adapting assessments to blended learning environments as much as I had hoped. There was mention of authentic assessments, which I believe are in a big uptrend, but not mentioned so much in terms of blended learning and how that might look or work, but rather more about what authentic assessments are. I think there is incredible opportunity here to really explore how authentic assessments could be adapted and work when blended, as opposed to all online or all face to face.
Chapter 3 seemed to really get into the blended part of assessments toward the end with a checklist of preparing an assignment to be blended, and then a discussion on informal assessments. The one sentence summary is a good strategy, but I think more would be better. The video was much more informative, but the format makes it difficult for me to take notes like the reading does and I fear I didn't gather as much as I did the reading where I was able easily go back and re-read things..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment